JUNE - 2011
Meeting notes from 6/4/2011
Location: Benton Airpark - Benton, KS
As always, additions or corrections are encouraged. Keep your eyes here and on the VMC forums for more information about upcoming events.
- Meeting was for breakfast at Benton Airpark, followed by a ride to Marquette to visit the KS motorcycle museum. 13 fine folk attended, 8 or so made the ride. Nice gathering spots, pleasantly cool weather for the ride out.
- Steve Cragen has stepped down as president of the local chapter. Thanks for serving, Mr. Cragen, job well done.
- Per the by-laws, Greg Clark is now chapter president until October, when the scheduled election will either keep him on, or throw the bum out.
- Jean Muhm has taken on the position of Chapter Secretary/Treasurer, and approved by all attending members. Thank you for the help, Jean! Know you're gonna be a good one.
- John Costa has been appointed as the new chapter moderator. Transition pending.
- Dan and Marcia Bright showed up as new prospects. Welcome!
- Stephan Reckers has officially joined the chapter. Welcome, Stephan, good to have ya.
- Discussion of a gathering with the OKC and other nearby chapters was brought up. Everyone in attendance liked the idea, now we just need to find an event.
- A drawing for a Victory pint glass has held, and Brad Ward won, for the second time. I suggest we have Mr. Ward buy lottery tickets for the chapter.
- V2V is coming up in just a few weeks. A couple of folks from the group are planning on 2 or 3 legs at least from KC to Colorado, and a ride up to Abilene to meet the leg 8 riders for lunch at Mr. K’s on Tuesday, 6/28/2011 is another possibility. Keep your eye on the V2V and FHVR forums for further announcements.
- The FHVR web site stats were announced. Over 220 hits from 99 different computers so far. The photo gallery is the most popular.
- The ride to Marquette went without a hitch, save for some abuse of the newly appointed prez/ride captain. We got there, didn’t we??? Coming soon, the FHVR chapter dungeon...