SEPTEMBER - 2011
Meeting notes from 9/24/2011
Members in attendance
Location: Carriage Crossing Restaurant, Yoder, Kansas
- Greg Clark
- Jean Muhm
- Bob & Debra Klein
- John Wagerle
- Brad Ward
- John & Kristeen Costa
- Guests: Terry & Rita Markhart from Sterling, KS
Greg Clark, Pres., called meeting to order at 1:15pm, under the blue skies of Kansas. A huge welcome to our riders from Sterling, Ks. & those long time members for joining us.
- The loss of a fellow KC chapter rider, Stacy Smart, has touched everyone. A unanimous decision was made to make a family contribution or St. Jude's donation. Greg and Bob Klein are following up regarding the family's status. Suggested ideas are a gift card or gas card to help out.
- Greg Clark shared some of his vacation adventures & apparel from his trip to Washington state & meeting with the Victory chapter. This prompted the idea to connect with the KC chapter for a rendezvous in Council Grove. Bob Klein is following up on this event.
- FHVR meeting will remain monthly (3rd Sat of month) unless otherwise posted.
Sec./ Treas. Report
- Let's try this again. The secretary is back & up to speed so let's get this rolling. Please email me at email@example.com with your SIZE-COLOR CHOICE-LONG SLEEVED or SHORT SLEEVED- QTY. Orders need to be in by Nov. 1 - cost will be approx. $14.95 (but hope to get it lowered)
- Bank of America balance of $300.
- Try Buster's in Sun City, Kansas.
- Oct 15, 2011 - Monkey Butt Poker Run - Benefit for Sedgwick Cnty. Zoo. Location: Sedgwick Cnty. Zoo parking lot at 8am. Visit their website for additional information. Let's make a FHVR presence and support our zoo!!!
- Oct 30, 2011 - FHVR Annual "Boo Ride" to Little Hooker Cafe & Bait Shop, Burden, Ks. - Sunday. Time: 10:30am Location: TBA Please feel free to bring a friend - Need to RSVP to Jean by Sat., Oct. 29th so I can call and warn them we're a coming.
It's beautiful weather, let's make the most of it. If anyone has a ride idea, post it or email Greg or me and we'll get it posted everywhere.
We really enjoyed the good food, great company and had a beautiful ride on Saturday.
"Doesn't matter what you ride, only that you love to ride."
FHVR October meeting TBA--------stay tuned.